[TR] Update on stuck hood latch on my TR4A

Allen Hess allenhess at mgcarclub.com
Wed Sep 4 13:19:06 MDT 2013

As someone already wrote, first be sure that the pin and spring is
centered over the latch. Then I would adjust the length of the pin on
the long side (don't know what to tell you as I can't get to mine
now). The pin has a screwdriver slot in the pointed end and is screwed
into the bracket and secured with a lock nut. You'll have to pull the
spring back or fish the wrench between the coils to loosen the nut.
So, if the pin is adjusted to long the spring will hold it higher than
the body. Then you can re-adjust to get the hood flush.

One other tip: one time I pulled the hood release and thought I had
broken the cable or pulled it from the fitting. After I got it open,
it turned out that the clip on the outer cable which holds the cable
to the hood latch had slipped off the latch and when that happens, it
doesn't work.

Allen
TR4 since 1967