[TR] Headlights, horns and exhaust manifold paint

Cliff Hansen cliff_hansen at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 3 20:18:14 MDT 2013

Hi List,

Ibm parallel processing some of the smaller tasks and would appreciate any
opinions about:

- headlight replacements.  Ibve got relay circuits prepped and ready for
higher power lights.  The column switch only operates the relays, which switch
power to the lights.  Sadly I donbt know much at all about what lighting
technology is available.  Ibm not looking for those blue bright headlights,
just something better than stock.

- horns.  Vendors offer both metal and plastic, with the latter about half the
cost.  Ibm not looking for the horn to play a song, or toot in some
concours-correct tone, as long as it doesnbt sound like someonebs stepping
on a sick cat, I donbt care.  Any been-there-done-that?

- exhaust manifold paint.  That rusty old lump looks just awful in the nice,
clean royal blue engine bay with shiny silver and stainless steel bits around
it.  Ibm considering Eastwoodbs hi-temp coating which offers to look like
stainless when finished :
http://www.eastwood.com/stainless-steel-gray-hi-temp-coating.html.  Any
happy/sad experience with this product, or other brands?

Thanks very much,

Cliff