[TR] TR3 water pump question

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Oct 31 12:50:00 MDT 2013

> Someday soon I will order up a new pump and pulley and some
> Locktite RC609

There are probably better choices today than the 609.  I've got a big bottle of it left over from when I had a similar problem with
the front pulley on my former TR3A.  The crank snout was worn undersize from the pulley hub working loose and I didn't want to
replace it at the time, so I used the RC609 to make up the difference.  Worked quite well, and I was later able to remove the hub
without too much fuss, using a screw-type puller bolted to the holes in the hub and a bolt in the end of the crankshaft.  It just
laughed at me when I tapped on it, though.

Back then, the 609 was only available in 50ml bottles, but it appears you can even get 0.5ml "single use" bottles today.
http://tinyurl.com/prqtruw

Randall