[TR] Aluminum radiators

Bob Danielson 75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Thu Oct 24 05:43:58 MDT 2013

The Big 3 manufacturers, that I could find, of aluminum radiators for a
Triumph are: Griffin, Davis and Wizard Cooling. I got pricey prices from
each of them for: radiator, 16" Fan, custom fan mounts and fan wire harness
with temperature sensor.

On my TR6 I have a Wizard aluminum radiator with puller fan (sold by Art
Lipp) that's worked fine for the past 5 years HOWEVER........ it's more for
bling than function. On a TR6, the stock radiator is quite adequate IF the
complete cooling system is in good shape i.e. radiator and engine block. In
other words, an aluminum radiator isn't going to fix a car with block in bad
shape cooling wise.

Going back to your original post.......... it sounds like your existing
radiator doesn't flow properly which leads to cooling concerns by the
rebuilder. Can it be re-cored if originality is your primary concern?
Or.....have them test your spare to see how it flows.

Or maybe my question should be........ does the TR3 have inherent cooling
problems that could be helped by an aluminum radiator that handles hear
"better"?

Bob

www.TR6.Danielsonfamily.org
1975 Mimosa TR6 with: