[TR] Gas smell

Pat Fischer pfischer at rmi.net
Fri Oct 11 14:18:04 MDT 2013

On my 250 there is a portion of the fuel line under the rear of the car
with a small length of rubber hose connecting two longer metal pipes. I
guess maybe they did that for flex/vibration purposes. Several years
back my garage was filling with gas fumes that I couldn't find the
source of. Pushed the car outside and a day later the leak was enough
for a small spot on the driveway. The frustrating part of this is that
it can leak and evaporate at about the same rate, so there's no dripping
for awhile.

Drained the gas tank and a friend helped me install a new length of
rubber hose.

Could this be your problem?

Pat