[TR] Towing a Spitfire

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Mon Nov 25 14:20:10 MST 2013

The recommended method is to Trailer it.  This is because the transmission
gets oiled by the input shaft slinging oil onto the gears.  If the
driveshaft is in place the rear wheels will be turning the gears without
lubrication.

So if you have no other option, you must remove the driveshaft prior to
towing or using a dolly where the rear wheels are on the ground.

Joe