[TR] TR4A - Tuning Update

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Thu Nov 21 21:50:32 MST 2013

I was going to say the same thing as Bob, my old 4A had a very smooth and sweet running engine after I rebuilt the motor and carbs, I used 87mm pistons too, maybe that is the secret.  Smooth runner, pulled like a train from 2-4000 rpm in 2nd, kind of a big faithful dog of an engine, it never seemed overly sensitive to timing and mixture adjustments and always treated me well even if I didn't always treat it well.

Greg Lemon
68 TR250 (red, current)
66 TR4A (BRG, gone still missed)

---- Bob Labuz <yellowtr at adelphia.net> wrote:
 I dont totally agree. Both my 3 and 4 idle pretty smooth. The 3 has 87
 mm pistons but the rest is stock. The 4 is stock but with HS6 carbs and
 the later TR4A intake manifold. Once they warm up the idle is at about  800 rpm and very steady."