[TR] TR4A - Tuning Update

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Thu Nov 21 15:39:56 MST 2013

I dont totally agree. Both my 3 and 4 idle pretty smooth. The 3 has 87
mm pistons but the rest is stock. The 4 is stock but with HS6 carbs and
the later TR4A intake manifold. Once they warm up the idle is at about
800rpm and very steady.

But saying that, the 6 does idle at about the same rpm but does feel
"smoother". That is due to 6 cyls vs. 4 I am sure.

Maybe it time to get the distributor rebuilt?

Bob