[TR] TR250 Air valves

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Sun Nov 17 18:00:27 MST 2013

Hi,

I got air valves (pistons) for  my wife's TR250 strombergs that have
adjustable needles as it runs rich at the moment.  I put the new needles
in the valves and replaced the old air valves with the new ones.

The Tr250 sounded great with the old valves in place and horrible with
the new ones.  I was expecting to have to do some adjusting, but this
was more than I expected.

With the new air valves, the font carb pulled about 10 on my
synchronizer and the back pulled about 15.  I put the old valves back in
and the front one pulled about 6.5 and the pack pulled 7./

The only thing I changed was the air valve/needle combination.

Why would changing the the air valves cause so much difference?

Thanks,
Roger