[TR] TR4A - Dizzy Drive Gear End Float

G.D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Mon Nov 11 17:48:37 MST 2013

All,

Although I get the concept behind the dizzy drive gear end float, I can't find
any information on why it is important to have it just right.
What happens if it is too small and the gear cannot rise enough?  Too large
and the gear rises too high?

I've recently gone through an effort to fine tune the engine, and still it has
about a 100 rpm idling variance.
After working the fuel and vacuum "angles", my focus is now on the ignition
system.  I've tried two different dizzys with the same result.
I'm wondering if the float might not be correct, causing enough vertical
variance to create a timing issue.

Cheers,

Guy D. Huggins
1965 Triumph TR4A