[TR] TR6 Valve Stem Seals.

ptegler ptegler at verizon.net
Wed May 29 04:18:04 MDT 2013

In the past, personally I've used about 5-8 ft of 1/4" nylon rope, fed down
into the sparkplug hole, rotate the engine the compress the rope up against
the valves to hold them in place.

The issue though is the type of valve spring compressor you need to use to
remove the collets. I built my own long lever tool that bolted to the rocker
stud as a leverage point compress the valve allowing the collets cap and
spring to be removed.

There are off-the-shelf spring compressor avail that look and work a bit
like steering wheel puller or large C-clamp.... two fingers that hook the
spring, and as you tighten the large screw, two fingers that push the cap
down.  GEM is one manufacture of that type..... source to purchase?...you'll
have to dig around the internet,,,, can't remember off hand here.

Paul Tegler
ptegler at verizon.net
www.teglerizer.com