[TR] TR6 brake problem

Creig Houghtaling creig555 at live.com
Mon May 27 20:45:54 MDT 2013

I checked the fluid flow today.  Moving from the MC down to the driver side
front wheel, had pressure/flow before the PDWA. Had pressure/flow after the
PDWA.  Had pressure/flow just before the brake flex line.  Had no
pressure/flow just past the brand new stainless braided flex line.  I took
the braided flex line off and the fluid from the brake reservoir flowed into
my catch container.  Wiped the flex hose fittings as well as I could and
blew air through the line.  Now I have a mystery.  If air goes through,
brake fluid should pass through.

Now I am defining pressure/flow at each of the above mentioned points as
this:  My friend steps on the brake pedal.  I loosen the connection till I
see fluid bleed out, and then I retighten.  That is what I got all the way
down to the connection into the flex line.  The connection of the flex line
to the short pipe to the caliper did not bleed.  I then took the female
threaded pipe connector completely loose from the flex line.  My friend
pushed on the brakes and no fluid flow.  My only guess at this point is the
orifice on the flex line is so tiny that it managed to shut down against the
brake fluid pressure.  Perhaps some foreign object got lodged.  Removing the
line and blowing air (perhaps in the opposite direction) cleared the
obstruction.  Maybe...

Stay tuned.  Tomorrow I will get the old flex lines and put one back on the
driver side.  Then I'll check to see if I have caliper on the left and not
the right.  Might try a few other things too.  Will let you know.