[TR] TR6 brake problem

Jeff fishplate at charter.net
Mon May 27 18:54:34 MDT 2013

On 5/27/2013 8:24 PM, triumph74tr6 wrote:
> That is exactly what it does.....closes off a perceived bad circuit.

Pretty sure that's wrong.

See http://www.vtr.org/maintain/pdwa.shtml - the piston is a constant
diameter.  How would it shut off flow, without some careful positioning
of the o-ring, which shouldn't easily seal a round hole in the side of
the bore anyway.

Some look different:  http://www.74tr6.com/pdwa.htm  But I still don't
think it's made well enough to seal against brake pressure.

I've had my PDWA illuminate many a time on my old Spitfire, and I never
had any diminution of brakes.  Doesn't seem safe to cut off half your
brakes for a small leak...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.