[TR] oil pan plug

Alex&Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Sun May 26 19:42:53 MDT 2013

If it is a pipe thread type of plug, use a thread sealant called RectorSeal.
It is used for LP, Natural Gas and various types of petroleum joints. It is
gasoline and oil resistant and will stay somewhat pliable. Also, buy a new
plug. Those threads do wear every time you remove and reinstall.  Make sure
to check that the threaded area of the oil pan is not cracked or breaking
away from the pan itself.

 If the plug is a straight thread style, it probably has a flange that
requires a gasket. Some engines use copper or aluminum gaskets. Toyota used
to use a fiber gasket - that worked fine as well.

Alex Thomson