[TR] Front Camber Adjustment - TR3

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri May 24 22:33:58 MDT 2013

> After a long layup, I finally got my TR3 on the road again
> and noticed that the passenger side wheel has about 1/2" of
> positive camber - which is about 3/4" the wrong way.

Er, no, TR3s are designed with positive camber.  The spec is 2 degrees
(positive) "static laden", which is just about 1/2" measured across the
width of the wheel.

Sounds like your real problem is lack of camber on the driver's side.  Next
step might be to inspect the brace between the spring towers, as without the
brace the towers can definitely sag towards the center of the car,
decreasing the camber.

In fact, it's an old racer's trick to make up a brace that is a little bit
shorter than stock, in order to get more negative camber while running in a
class that doesn't allow changes to suspension geometry.

Also look carefully at the upper A-arms, as they frequently crack and break
near the ball joint.

-- Randall