[TR] Oil pressure in my TR6

Dave Massey dave1massey at cs.com
Thu May 23 20:37:11 MDT 2013

 That sounds a little low but no terminally so.  You may have excess
clearances in the oil pump and a fresh pump may improve things significantly.
Camshaft clearances also help determine oil pressure but that is a bit more
work to address.

Keep in mind that the TR6 does typically run lower pressure than the old
TRactor motor typically does so don't expect to see those pressures on an
engine with a lot of miles.

And if that kind of oil pressure scares you stay away from a TR8.  Those
things run in the single digits at warm idle.

Dave Massey