[TR] Oil pressure in my TR6

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Thu May 23 17:00:19 MDT 2013

Joe,

Make sure you check the thrust washer clearance. It is a known week link
for the 6 engine.

If it is not in spec, replace with upgraded washers.

What oil/weight are you using? Make sure you use a ZDDP oil such as Brad
Penn.

I use 20/50 BP racing oil in all 3 of my TRs. All run about 75 to 80 PSI
at highway speeds and about 35 to 40 at idle depending on how hot it is
outside.

Bob