[TR] Timing chain on its way out?

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Mon May 13 06:41:49 MDT 2013

Greg,

I stand corrected. I right clicked on the image icon and I somehow got
the photo to appear!

Yes that is a link from the chain for sure. I know of no other engine
part or assembly it could be.

Since this in a 4, it should be minimal work to get the cover off.

WHen you do, inspect the old chain to insure no other parts are missing.
Account for every part of the chain. You might have to drop the pan.

Bob

On 05/12/2013 11:45 PM, Greg Schuett wrote:
> Bob
>
> Just posted.  Thanks for the tips!
>
> On May 12, 2013, at 12:36 PM, Bob Labuz <yellowtr at adelphia.net> wrote:
>
>> Greg,
>>
>> Can you post the photo on the Triumph Forum?
>>
>> If you have to pull the cover, replace the seal, and tensioner in addition to the chain.
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> On 05/12/2013 03:05 PM, Greg wrote:
>>> Listers,
>>>
>>> I changed the oil in the 64 TR-4 yesterday and this little gem was stuck to
>>> the magnetic drain plug.  Looks to me like my timing chain is coming apart,
>>> but wanted to see if anybody else sees it differently.
>>>
>>> If it is the timing chain, any tips and tricks or other thing to do while I've
>>> got the cover off?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> Greg