[TR] Timing chain on its way out?

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Mon May 13 06:36:48 MDT 2013

Greg,

Just logged into the forum. I see your post but the image does not show
up, only the name: little gem.tiff. I tried both Firefox and Chrome. No
image appears.

A note that the forum's website is very slow. Took about 5 minutes just
to log in. The image link on Chrome shows what looks like a image icon
with a dash through it - almost like is broken.

I have used the forum many times and have had no problem viewing images.

Bob

On 05/12/2013 11:45 PM, Greg Schuett wrote:
> Bob
>
> Just posted.  Thanks for the tips!
>
> On May 12, 2013, at 12:36 PM, Bob Labuz <yellowtr at adelphia.net> wrote:
>
>> Greg,
>>
>> Can you post the photo on the Triumph Forum?
>>
>> If you have to pull the cover, replace the seal, and tensioner in addition to the chain.
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> On 05/12/2013 03:05 PM, Greg wrote:
>>> Listers,
>>>
>>> I changed the oil in the 64 TR-4 yesterday and this little gem was stuck to
>>> the magnetic drain plug.  Looks to me like my timing chain is coming apart,
>>> but wanted to see if anybody else sees it differently.
>>>
>>> If it is the timing chain, any tips and tricks or other thing to do while I've
>>> got the cover off?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> Greg