[TR] it runs again

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Fri May 10 11:05:43 MDT 2013

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 8:28 PM, Dave <dave at ranteer.com> wrote:

> ... it leaks quite a bit from the bottom of the sediment bowl at the fuel
> pump so
> obviously I need to get that taken care of.  likely just a gasket?

Hopefully a new gasket will stop the leak but sometimes a PO has tightened
that bale a bit too enthusiastically and caused the portion of the casting
that is the top of the bowl to bow a bit making it hard to get a good
seal.  The pump is a sort of pot metal and bends rather easily, but when I
have encountered such a bow I have been able to rebend the top back into
nearly flat condition.

Geo