[TR] Changing from DOT 3 to DOT 5 Fluif

Peter Arakelian peterara at msn.com
Tue May 7 05:49:54 MDT 2013

>"the box had a label that said "Use of synthetic hydralic
fluid will void warranty".

The labels I usually see call out voiding if silicone brake fluid is used.
I spoke with TRW (current owner of Girling brand) tech engineer about a
warning label they put on about silicone brake fluid.  They put this on
because cylinders are made to original spec and have not been tested for use
with silicone brake fluid.  Therefore use of silicone brake fluid voids the
warranty.
As has been said, all brake fluid is synthetic - Castrol LMA has always been
synthetic, yet it the standard brake fluid.

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver