[TR] Tr4a miata seats

Anthony Rhodes spamiam at comcast.net
Tue May 7 04:33:46 MDT 2013

The Patton adapters allow for the rear of the seats to be slid inward. They
pivot around the inner front mounting point.

The seats just barely clear the top frame on the drivers side. There is room
for another 1/2" of inward travel at the rear of both seats. And the fronts
seem about right.

Two of the mounts are quite hard to tighten for the 7/16" bolt to the floor
because the bolt head is close to surrounding metal and a little covered by
the miata track above

As my carpet compresses, I may be able to gain a little more inward travel at
the rear. Also a thin aluminum plate shim under the two outer adapters on the
drivers side would tilt the top inward a bit. A 1/8" shim would probably do
it

The adapters were easy to use. My seats are 1997's and it would appear that
there was a change in the track design on one rail on each side  There was a
stop added to the rear of one track. This made them add a strengthening roll
to the edge of the metal. I did not cut off the stops, but I did  have to
grind down the roll so the adapter would sit properly on the rail. Not a
problem. It took a couple of minutes for each side.

-Tony

Sent from my iPhone