[TR] Changing from DOT 3 to DOT 5 Fluif

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Mon May 6 17:30:23 MDT 2013

Just wanted to pass on that when I recieved my clutch master cylinder from The
Roadster Factory, the box had a label that said "Use of synthetic hydralic
fluid will void warranty". I was fully planning on using DOT5 fluid until I
read the box. Later that week I called TRF to find out what the deal was and
the guy told me that they had a lot of warranty returns for brake parts using
synthetic fluid and the manufacturer started placing a warning label on the
master cylinders.. I am about a month away from getting to bleeding the brakes
and clutch and still haven't decided which way I will go.
Just sayin..
Dave Connitt