[TR] gauges- wiggling and bouncing

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri May 3 17:28:53 MDT 2013

---- Brad Kahler <bkahler1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The first is the oil pressure gauge which is the mechanical type.  The
> readings seem to be accurate but the needle quivers or vibrates like crazy.

I sincerely hope this is not the problem : I've seen that with an engine that had spun a bearing.

> The second problem is the speedometer.  The needle fluctuates about 1 to 4
> mph while driving. I'm certain it's the speedometer cable.  The cable is
> brand new

FWIW, my problem was caused by the odo & trip meter mechanisms binding, which put a periodic load on the cable, causing the new cable to wind up and unwind.  But it was bouncing a whole lot more than 1-4 mph.

Randall