[TR] restoring/cleaning the plastic radiator overflow bottle

Don Hiscock don.hiscock at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 12:43:37 MDT 2013

One of the strongest cleaners I know is "SuperClean", a liquid
degreaser that comes in a purple bottle in any auto parts store and
some big-box stores.  Polyphosphate based detergent, IIRC.

The stuff is strong.  It's a very good degreaser. Good for
reblackening oxidized hard rubber.  Hard on some materials and
finishes so use with caution.  It does the best of any material I've
found on old plastics.  It's what I'd try.

Did I say it's strong?  Remember to tet it in any unknown finish,
including some platings. Can be used diluted, too.

I'm experimenting with Evapo-Rust rust remover right now.  This stuff
is kind of interesting. super on ferrous metals.  Dunno about stains
on plastic, but might be worth checking.

Don
1962 TR3B TSF202L