[TR] Over heating

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sat Mar 16 08:41:15 MDT 2013

Starting the engine does not cause the overheating, stopping it does.  When
you shut an engine down the heat it still there but the coolant flow is
halted.  Ergo, the heat will continue to build until it can naturally
dissapate.  I have not been in any heavy traffic with my stock TR3 but
parades have that same effect, so I will just depress the clutch and rev the
motor a little 1500-2000rpm when I can to increase the coolant flow.

Bill