[TR] TR6 Custom Aluminum Fuel Tank ~15 gallons

Keith Stewart keithstewart at execulink.com
Mon Mar 11 12:43:38 MDT 2013

On 2013-03-11, at 08:52:29 -0700 (PDT), Cosmo Kramer wrote:

> I own a '67 TR4A & it does NOT have any opening in the upper right hand
courner or ANY WHERE, other than to place the rubber coupling onto the filler
cap. In fact, my spare tank that I pulled out of a TR4 (I think or may have
been a TR4A) dosen't have any other, too.
> Did TRIUMPH do this to some tanks & not others?

I am the second owner of my 67 TR4A. I purchased it from the original owner
with 33 000 miles on it and no accident damage any where so I doubt this tank
was ever replaced. The only openings on the top of the tank are:
the filler neck that couples to the gas cap on the top side of the body
the sending unit for the gas gauge.
Keith Stewart