[TR] TR6 carb neadles

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Mar 11 11:34:10 MDT 2013

The rebuild kits are generic but the needles are specific to the model,
market and year of the car so other than including all possible needle
selections the only option is to supply none.  (Makes for a less expensive kit)

Yes, the needle is spring loaded.  This eliminates the need to center the
jet (which you can't do on a ZS carb anyway).  To remove you remove the grub
screw on the side of the piston and then back off the adjustment and the
needle assembly will withdraw from the bottom of the piston.

The jets themselves are pressed in.  I've never changed one so I don't know
the best way to go about this.  Pressing one in means you have to set the
proper depth so be sure to measure the depth before you remove the old one.

Dave (I've got a couple of kits coming in the mail myself)