[TR] TR6 Custom Aluminum Fuel Tank ~15 gallons

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 8 12:10:36 MST 2013

dave
there is often some water in the gas you pump and you will get some from
condensation forming in the gas tank when left overnight in cold weather.
my
steel tank rusted because of that.
aluminum wont rust. it will oxidize a
little but wont develop a hole as fast as steel will. i suspect both materials
will outlive most of us old f**rts. so you building for the next generation of
owner.
the gage of aluminum wont be that big of a deal. unless its Chinese
beer can can thick! the gas tank is not pressurized and is only subject to
weight of the gas contained within. i build all kinds of things from aluminum
at my place of employment.
Frank
TR3
NFI or desire in this TR6 tank