[TR] TR6 Custom Aluminum Fuel Tank ~15 gallons

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Fri Mar 8 11:37:10 MST 2013

Just curious but why the interest in a aluminum gas tank? I think my TR4A is
supposed to hold 14 gallons. At this point unfortunately, I have not had the
pleasure of driving the thing anywhere much less to a gas station but would
aluminum be as safe as steel? I assume that the material thickness would
have to be quite a bit more for aluminum vs. steel. We have a really good
materials guy at work.. I think I will ask him and report back.
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A IRS  (waiting on my Advance Auto-Wire harness!)