[TR] Waking a sleeping car

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sat Mar 2 08:34:15 MST 2013

I had a similar problem when I took posession of a long-dormant TR3 last
year, BTW, new gas and it fired right up.  Didn't want to dump it and the
local recycle only take oil.

I mixed it some of the old fuel 50/50 in the lawnmower.  After determining
that would would work in a lawnmower, I poured the balance into a half-full
tank in the '68 Land Rover, low compression/low performance engine.  The LR
sure stunk for a couple of weeks and performance suffered about 15% but I
was able to use it up.

Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS/30766L "Tarbaby"
'62 TR3B TCF/2549L " Aunt B" (in rehab)
www.triumphowners.com/1566
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there"  Will Rodgers