[TR] Is this for real?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Jun 28 11:52:38 MDT 2013

---- Malcolm <malcolm at ipatch.ca> wrote:
> The turnbuckle is to shorten the handbrake cable from the balancer to the
> left hand brake.

Ah, I see it now.  When I looked the first time, I thought one end was connected to the diff.  Thanks.

Actually a pretty neat "homebrew" version of the classic cable shortener that you showed, IMO.  I had one of those on my first car (a 62 Chevy Biscayne) as well.  The main disadvantage is that usually, the cable is too long because it has started to fail.

That Biscayne was a total POS, and yet worth every penny of the $15 I paid for it.  Had exactly two factory options, an AM radio (with tubes) and an oil filter!

Randall