[TR] 57 TR3 compression test results

Jeremiah Curry jeremiah at curryclan.net
Fri Jun 21 08:21:29 MDT 2013

Thanks everyone.  I put some oil in the cylinder and tested again and the
pressure went up to 100 psi, so it looks like it is probably rings.  Should
I replace all of them at the same time, even if the rest test fine?

Is there still value in doing a leak-down?  My local FLAPS doesn't have one
of those to borrow.

I think I will replace bearings too while I am at it since I detect a knock.
Once I am  over my head technically I might as well go all the way p
  There
appear to be two sets of bearings, the con rod beargings and the main
bearings, is one of these more likely to be the issue than the other?

Randall, I changed the headgasket probably 150 miles ago and the head at
least looked fine.  The protrusion wasn't perfect, but good enough that the
head gasket replacement seems to have worked without the "ring of fire"

Jeremiah