[TR] light switch TR3B

John Macartney flywheelcoventry1 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 17 03:02:27 MDT 2013

> I have often wondered why the headlights (a side lights) were wired so

that
> the ignition did not have to be turned on.  Does anyone know?
 Lighting regs for many European countries required a car parked at night in a
street to display lights to front and rear. Slowly, this has been abandoned
except possibly in Germany where the indicator switch leaves lights on on
whichever side they're needed. If your market did not require this piece of
equipment, you still got it because the cost of having different wiring
harnesses/light switches / whatever were saved.

Jonmac