[TR] problem gas?

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 12 08:03:50 MDT 2013

The only engine I have trouble starting in the spring is the
roto-tiller. I have to remove the air filter and spray gas in order to
get it started. I then run it on 1/2 choke for about 5 minutes. Then it
does run but sounds lean. One of these days I will have to remove the
carb and clean it out.

The mower, snowblower and power washer seem to be fine.

I use stable in every engine when in storage.

Starting 2 years ago, I started running  alcohol free gas in all 3
Triumphs. I hope it stays available.

No problems starting or running in the spring after at least a 6 month nap.

Stabil is also used in the cars.

The problem I have heard about alcohol is it will cause problems with
the engine internal alloy parts.

Not sure what is true.

Another thing I have heard is that alcohol does not pack as much punch
as gas. But if that is so, why do some dragsters use 100% alcohol?

Bob