[TR] wrong cap

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sat Jun 8 19:29:37 MDT 2013

I don't know the rating of a TR3B cap, but what you describe is a common
occurrence, you top up the radiator, run the car, shut off the car, heat
from the motor heats up the coolant, which is no longer circulating, to its
highest temperature yet, it expands and leaks out the cap, two solutions,
install a catch/return tank as they started to do in the sixties, you can
get one from a later LBC, or a generic plastic one from a local chain auto
parts store.  I used a generic one on a car I used to have, and was
surprised when it not only caught the overflow, but returned most of it when
the motor cooled back down.

Plan B, let it overflow a couple times and it will reach its sustainable
level.

Greg Lemon