[TR] Ethanol

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jun 6 06:02:58 MDT 2013

> One is that the old rubber bits do not
> tolerate ethanol and you will find yourself replacing fuel line and
> rebuilding your
> fuel pump and carburettors before too long.

Which also only needs to be done once.

I would suggest just doing those things as a pre-emptive strike; rather than
waiting for a failure.  I thought I had done exactly that with my recently
resurrected "barn find" TR3; but discovered a few days ago that I overlooked
one soft fuel line ... the line from the filler to the tank.  It has turned
to mush and now allows fuel to slop out into the boot on hard turns with a
nearly full tank.

-- Randall