[TR] Ethanol

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Wed Jun 5 11:16:26 MDT 2013

John,

I can't blame ethanol gas to be certain but it does seem odd that I had to
replace the fuel filter on my TR6 twice during the past 8 years (motor
stopped  running).  Upon examination of the filter (I sawed it in half and
removed  the metal shell to get to the element), the element was literally
plastered with  a choking slurry of what looked like heavy mud.  Shining a
flashlight into  the fuel tank didn't reveal anything odd so I really don't know
where the gunk  came from.

I've never had rubber hose, fuel pump or gasket problems with ethanol  gas.

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1962 TR4  CT2052L

In a message dated 6/5/2013 11:08:54 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,