[TR] Ethanol

Jonas Payne jagmog at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 5 09:26:37 MDT 2013

Out here in the desert, all I can say is that ethanol blends are not
working.

Modern cars utilize closed pressurized fuel systems.  Our vintage cars do
not.  On hot days (and there are a lot of them in Las Vegas) the fuel will
literally vaporize (evaporate/boil) in the float bowls, causing lean
conditions and drivability problems, particularly in stop and go traffic.

Not sure of any needle/float/mixture combination that once set can
accommodate the range of temperatures and conditions we are dealing with -
that's why new cars have computerized ignition programs.

The fact of the matter is that on the hottest days, even my  modern cars
have drivability problems.

Jonas Payne
PBR Consulting
702-882-6711