[TR] [6pack] TR6 wiring question

Mark Hooper mhooper at indiefilmnet.com
Sun Jun 2 15:37:00 MDT 2013

Thanks to all who responded with advice and even a wiring diagram. With your
assistance, I found the issue.

Since it could be useful I'll specify:

Just by left-side lower attachment point for the seatbelt, the rear wiring
harness splits. At that point, there are also two crimp connectors sticking
out from the wiring harness; one  joining 3 purple wires and the other joining
3 black wires together. The purple are always hot and are used for the trunk
and tunnel lamps. That is a very useful little place to allow you to connect
after-market stuff for small current draw devices behind the driver.

Anyway, it turned out that despite a clean appearance, I had a wire break
inside the purple wire connector. Intermittent wiring issues are such a joy to
find... So, if you can't get the trunk or cabin lamp to illuminate, test those
two connectors first. No power or no ground makes it a fairly specific repair
and can stop you unbundling a lot of wire for no reason.

Mark
1972 TR6