[TR] Engine oil?

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 22:36:24 MDT 2013

On 7/15/13 6:58 PM, John & Pat Donnelly wrote:
> I agree with Randall, not sure how helpful the ZDDP additive stuff, but
> there's a lot of good oils out there that I don't have to spend $10 a quart
> on.

I've been running 20-50 Castrol for decades. Then they changed the
formulations to make catalytic converters last longer.  3 years ago the
flat tappet cam in my Ford 302 engine went flat requiring replacement of
both the cam & lifters.  2 years ago the cam in my TR3's engine got
replaced because of severe pitting.  I only use oil with ZDDP any more.
Like others I have switched to Valvoline VR1, except I'm running the
synthetic stuff.

TeriAnn