[TR] TR4A windshield installation

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 10:56:48 MDT 2013

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Dave Connitt <dconnitt at fuse.net> wrote:

> ... does anyone know where I could pick up one of those wire tools that
> inserted the plastic trim?

One suggestion on that plastic trim -- you might want to leave it long by a
couple of inches as, in my experience, it will shrink quite a bit later.

The last time I did mine I left about two inches overlap and drove with it
like that for a year.  Only then did I cut it to exact fit and install the
little trim piece over it.  Since then it has continued to shrink and the
gap is now large enough that the trim piece barely covers it.  Does that
stuff ever stop shrinking?

Geo