[TR] Clutch Fork Pin

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Jul 6 16:53:12 MDT 2013

> I have a new clutch fork and hardened pin from Moss.  How
> tight do I tighten this pin into the fork?

I pulled mine down pretty tight, maybe 25 ft-lb.  No spec that I can find.

> Aren't there upgraded hardened  pins grade 8 and
> shouldn't they work fine?

Probably OK, for as long as you're likely to drive it.  But I believe those
hardened pins are only "upgraded" compared to the junk that was being sold
before.  The original pins were very hard; my drill bit just skittered over
the surface and refused to bite.  But the original pin in TS39781LO lasted
over 40 years (and at least 200,000 miles), so that should be good enough.

-- Randall