[TR] tire question

WBEECH wbeech at flash.net
Fri Jul 5 13:02:35 MDT 2013

I've been running NanKang on my TR3 for the past five years, very satisfied.
The proper term for those 'new' nine year old tires, Parade Tires.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 5, 2013, at 1:04 PM, Carl TR <cfmtr3a at verizon.net> wrote:

> Boy can I taste it.... The tires on the car are still 'new' but are 9 years
old.  Obviously I live in 'warmer' climate but they have been 'garaged' the
whole time.   Should I be concerned about internal deteriation?   I don't
expect to do anything but normal driving - some at highway speed.

> If I get new tires - there is limited availability in 165r15 even if
165/80R15s are included.

> Prices below include s/h & mount Bal:
> Nantang CX688 @$79  400AB (made in Tawiwan I think)
> Nexen SB802 @ $82  380AB (also Taiwan)
> Federal SS567 @$104 420AA (made in China)
> Kumho Power Star 758 @ $105 400AB (local incl tax)
> Firestone F560 @$114 280A? (165-15)
> Vredesting Sprint @130 220AB (165-15)
>
> BFGoodrich WW @$170 580BB (165-15) has 3/4" ww
> Michelin XZX @ $242  no ratings (165-15)
>
> Dunlop SP series no longer available. (that is what is on the car)
>

> Does it make a difference whether a tires heat rating is an A or B?
> All have a tread pattern with straight grooves around the tire except the
Michelin & Vredesting which have a squiggly 'S' pattern.