[TR] Build date question

alan salvatore alansalvy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 05:41:04 MDT 2013

Yesterday, I bought a 71 TR6, at least according to the title.

My friend  is puzzled by the build date.

The vin plate on the door says it  was built in Oct of 1970 and he's
puzzled by the vin CC54740 LO.

The title say CC54740 LO, the plate on the windshield says the same , but
the plate on the B post is just CC54740 L, no O; but the car has O/D.

Is it possible it came through this way, or did someone replace the plate
and leave off the O ??

It seems that CC54740 should have been built before October of 70.

Al

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 1971 tr6 003.jpg]