[TR] TR4 front end bacing

Darrell Walker darrellw360 at mac.com
Tue Jan 29 13:04:30 MST 2013

Hi Tony,

There are actually three weak spots there:

1.  The brackets that
are welded to the frame can tear off.  As built, they are mostly welded to the
back wall of the frame.  This has happened to me.

2.  The single-bolt
brackets can break.  This has also happened to me.

3.  The single-bolt
brackets can pull through the frame bracket.

On #1, there is a gusset kit
that can (should!) be installed.  I got mine from TRF, though you could
fabricate your own gussets.

On #2, use the TR6 brackets with two bolts.

On
#3, fab up an extra backing plate to reinforce the bracket welded to the
frame.

-Darrell

On Jan 29, 2013, at 11:49 AM, Anthony Cascio