[TR] thots on side curtains

Loumetelko at aol.com Loumetelko at aol.com
Mon Jan 21 14:10:16 MST 2013

While  working with my side curtains I've been impressed by how sloppy the
worn
ones fit as well as how hard it is to get a good tight fit on re-built
ones.

No matter if we are talking about drafty side curtains or leaking bodily
fluids or cold natured starting or total lack of safety features just
remember  that in the 50s these cars were state of the art and therein lies the
charm!

During my wife's first ride in my freshly restored 54 TR2 we were
inadvertently caught in a downpour and she started screaming "turn on the  wipers".
Those of you familiar with the one speed versions know the value  of Rain-X
over the wipers!  She was stunned when I handed her a towel to  wipe the
inside of the windscreen!  We both emerged with wet lower  pant legs.  Now
some 35,000 miles later (she has been along for about 30 of  those) we follow a
road just to see where it ends.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana