[TR] Non-synchro gearbox

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Wed Jan 16 15:23:30 MST 2013

I agree; I like the dipstick. The hole is small (small enough for me ("big
fingers") to struggle a bit to get the dipstick out..., not ugly or a
problem,  covered by the tunnel carpet and dead easy to check before going out on
a run.  No need to get under the car.

Tim TS22930LO

In a message dated 16/01/2013 5:07:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:

----  Andrew Uprichard <auprichard at uprichard.net> wrote:
> I am putting  a replacement tunnel in the car and am realizing I may have
> cut a  hole for the dipstick, since  I don't see a level plug on the
side,  as
> the previous gearboxes had.  Any alternative to an ugly big  hole in the
> tunnel?

1) Cut a nice, clean hole rather than an  ugly one <g>
2) Install a later gearbox (the 3 synchro boxes after  TS50,000 had a plug
on the side).
3) Add a plug in the side.

#1  would actually be my choice, as I really like having the dipstick.  In
fact, the TR6 gearbox in my TR3 has a dipstick  installed.

Randall

** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums