[TR] Non-synchro gearbox

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Jan 16 15:18:10 MST 2013

Andrew,

The tunnel and transmission I am using on my 58 are from a 57 SM and I
really like the dipstick as opposed to the side fill on my 4 and 6. The
snaps on the carpet make it easy to access to check/ and fill. I believe
TRF provides the rubber grommet. I sort of wish all Triumphs retained
this setup.

I had some old original carpet with a snapped flap for the dipstick. But
the current carpet sets seem to have left it out.

Also, the hole is smaller than the one used to access the grease zerk
behind the shifter.

Bob