[TR] Cars in movies & TV

John Macartney flywheelcoventry1 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 5 04:12:44 MST 2013

When I worked at BMIHT some years ago, a film company rented some cars from
the reserve collection for a TV production. Seems the cars were to be used
driving along a distant street at right angles to the shoot.
After the
vehicles came home and were being cleaned up, we noticed they'd been repainted
in an easy soluble water colour. Thing was, each car was painted in two
different colours - one each side. As far as the cameras were concerned, this
"doubled up" the cars going up and down the distant street.

Jonmac